Tuesday, June 14, 2005

you lying little effers

yesterday i gave a presentation on fire safety to a bunch of little kids. i am having a REALLY good time at my job. ps, i am working for the american red cross this summer. basically, we are reaching out to the community and teaching people about disaster preparedness.

anyway, so, little kids. fire safety. i was telling them about smoke detectors and how often to check them and change the batteries, and they just tell outrageous lies. one little boy was like, "oh, i have a TON of smoke detecors in my house. there are two in my room, and two in my mom's room!" then this other little kid said, "yeah, there are five in my hallway!"

they are liars. they are just little liars! and the worst part, i can't call them out on it. i mean, they are little kids, but it's all the more reason i want to prove them wrong because i know i can win.

...i am way too competitive. i feel sorry for my kids.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger JB said...

Kids are liars. I did "art outreach" with little children and those liars had the audacity to tell me that they had slid down the domed roof of the state capitol. But it only makes me love them all the more. I hope my children are nasty little cusses and liars to boot!!

PS- Your job sounds great!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Big Tom said...

I have 10 smoke detectors in my butt.

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god kate, come back already!

Love Ryan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home