Sunday, February 01, 2004

but... but i love rock shows. ...right?

so, this is the deal. it's 7:45 on sunday night. there is a rock show playing tonight at 9:30 that, two weeks ago, i was stoked as hell to go see. two of my really good friends were going to come up and see it with me, but things weren't really working out, so we all decided that they just wouldn't come up to chicago to see the show. i, on the other hand, can go. and should go. my problem now? i don't want to. it's been so long (since october) since i've been to a show and i should be dying to go. aching, even. this show will rock. houston is playing as is riddle of steel, my boys from st louis. (they actually are not my boys. i think one of them hit on me at the rocket bar one night and told me i should go see him play with year of the rabbit, but i didn't. his hair was long and really curly. gross.) also, my friend's band is playing too. but here i am, totally broke and wanting to only kinda see a show. knowing that it will be a good time and a good show if i go, but i'm back to my old ways of just not wanting to go. and i wonder why people tell me i never want to have any fun. i do, but i'm scared to.

then there's the deal with not having a ride. guys, my hours got docked at work, we can't have tip cups anymore, and health insurance is being taken out of my check. i'm broke. i can't afford a cab, and i went there once with my roommate and we walked a long way from the train, but it wasn't a great neighborhood and i said i'd never walk back there. plus i have to be up at 4:30 tomorrow morning.

i don't know what to do. shit.

love, kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home