Sunday, August 14, 2005

back and forth.

i went to chicago this past week. i worked with joe on his new film project, LOL, and it was fun to be doing something creative again. i didn't meet up with 4 of the people i had planned on meeting up with, and i feel bad, but i had to move my stuff, my legs hurt, and my cough was killing me. sorry guys.

it was a strange sensation to be in chicago. i found myself loving the city again and feeling how i must have felt when i first moved there. hopeful and full of possibility. it's hard to live with a parent again, and i definitely miss the life and friends i'd made for myself up there. i know i made the right decision by moving back, or at least away, for a while, but a big part of me still lives in chicago. by living there and leaving there, i realize that maybe chicago isn't for me, but neither is collinsville.

i was having a discussion with a close friend of mine, and he said i needed a passion. we had this conversation over a week ago, but i can't stop thinking about it. i don't have anything that i truly love and feel strongly about. working for the red cross came close, and volunteering at the art institute came the closest. i'm ready for my job to start full-time, and to get back in school. i'm ready to feel passionate about something now.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Big Tom said...

maybe you can be passionate about me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home