Sunday, November 28, 2004

i'm so tired.

i work at the gap. sorta. yesterday i had a potential 8 hour shift. i was there for three and a half hours before i was sent home. it was pretty slow this weekend. i mean, it was busier, but not as busy as i thought it would be. my mom said she read that the weekends in december are actually busier shopping days than the weekend after thanksgiving. i believe it.

the thing is, i don't mind it when they send me home. "kate, after this customer, you can leave." yes! i'll do it! i mind it when i get my $300 paycheck. for two weeks. but even then it's like, eh, so what. i didn't have to work. i watched me some tv, though. man did i!

the downside is my lack of doing anything worth anything has kept me from doing everything. i don't want to write my grad school essays. the one thing that will change my life for the better and i don't want to do it. it's a sick catch-22. all i do all day is walk tucker and sit around. i can't go grocery shopping. there isn't some mall that i can just go bum around in. i've become lazy. i remember when i would go months without watching tv and when i finally did, i'd think, "wow, so tv is like a form of entertainment." now i have TBS's lineup memorized.

1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Big Tom said...

you are so hillarious! ps. congrats on your new job that you havent even posted about yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home