Tuesday, December 14, 2004

one-eighty

huge difference. HUUUGE difference. i, my friends, am now working two jobs. we all know what the first one is. oh sweet sweet gap: i hate your stupid bra fittings and sales goals. i hate the one minute sales rally i have to get before each shift so that i might stress out about selling 10, count them 10, full priced bras when 99% of our bras are on sale. give me a break. these people are rich, but they're still people raised on looking for deals.

the second job is, ahem, at the film and tape works. that's right, you are reading the blog of an editor's assistant. i could make coffee, or i could digitze media. whatever my super anal boss wants me to do. in the mornings i make coffee and get the edit suites ready for clilents, at the end of the day i break down the kitchen area and put the fruit back in the fridge and start the dishwasher, and in between i'm confused, stressed, and scared. it's great, i like my "real" job.

i'm still applying to grad school. who knows what will happen, and if i can ever get finished with my application essays and get slides taken of my portfolio, i just might meet the deadline and go back to school. but right now i'm happy not having any days off, spending less time with tucker and kris, and making money so that i'm not living off of my credit card.

ok, so, i do miss tucker and kris.

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

phew

-kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home