Friday, September 30, 2005

just forget it.

earlier in the summer, i broke up with my boyfriend.

or maybe he broke up with me. i don't know. all i know is after a couple months, i was ready to get back together. he informed me it probably wouldn't happen. just as well. moving to chicago doesn't seem to be in the cards anymore.

so i try to hang on to the idea that maybe one day he'll realize what he's done and we'll get back together. not so much. eventually, i told him i wasn't going to call him anymore. i actually told him that, instead of just telling myself.

and poof. it's scary to me how instantly i stopped wanting to call him. i stopped missing him. i stopped wishing he would call me. i just stopped. like that.

maybe it's maturity. maybe it's that i've been in this situation before. maybe it's that i'm so fucked up when it comes to love that being without it just fits better. i don't know.

all i know is that, poof, it was gone.

4 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I know what you mean Kate. Cold turkey, that's the way to go. I mean...at least that's how I did it with my cocain addiction. I told my dealer, "I'm not gonna call you anymore!" and that was that. At least until 2 that morning when I needed a fix. But after *that* I stopped.

On the serious side, are you really never coming back to Chicago for sure now? If not for me, think of the pizza, Kate. Think of what you're doing to IT.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate, this isnt the appropriate message to leave after that post, but i will do it anyway....

will you please make me your salsa for friday night?

thank you.

love always,
your friend,
steff!!!

ps- I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AND YOUR FILM AND HANG OUT AND PARTY ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger kate said...

haha! yes i will absolutely make my salsa. can't wait to see you!!

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you made that salsa.
Skip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home