Wednesday, June 02, 2004

bienvenido a miami

well here i go. i'm off to miami. then to seattle. i'll be training to be a team leader for commandos, which was my previous title which means that i'll be training people how to train people. cosi is sending me to miami for two weeks. then pretty much right after that i'm off to miami to do the same thing only this time i'd be an official team leader and not a team leader in training. which is basically a manager. like, doing payroll and shit. i'm really excited. really really excited. this all happens in august. probably.

and goodbye hat. i picked up my cosi shift leader shirts from franklin and washington today. actually, i didn't even wear my hat today even though i was in my same old uniform. we were so busy with catering orders al day that i didn't really get a chance to learn a whole lot, and tomorrow will be about the same since we have even more catering orders than today. plus a huge truckload of shit coming in.

but i am liking being a manager. well, a sort of manager. it makes me feel like i'm actually using my brain. and it makes me feel good to have some authority.

sometimes i catch myself being ashamed of my job, and that makes me angry. it's true, i was really sick of cosi for a while, but now i'm moving up. and my favorite jobs beforehand were the ones where i worked in a restaurant. true, not corporations, but restaurants anyway. i'd really like to have my own one day. hopefully i'll be able to. and i don't see how working in a resurant isn't considered a "real job." it's not making a difference in the world, really, but it is providing a good time to people who come in. and i'm kind of mom-ish sometimes, so it feels good making people happy and feeding them.

i dunno. i just like my job.

love, kate

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Aww, Kate. You're the luckiest little Cosi girl in the whole wide world! You should be proud of your successes. ...And give me free food because I encouraged you. Yeah.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Big Tom said...

Yes!! and finally Im reaping the benifits!

ps. im proud of you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home