Wednesday, June 09, 2004

i can't sleep.

and i should be out like a light. all week i've been getting up at 4 to be at work by 5:30. work is getting stressful. i like that i'm learning new things and i make maybe 2 lattes a day and i'm actually challenging myself and doing things wrong, but it's still hard to be out of familiar waters. man i could run my side of the restaurant, but now i've got safes to count down and produce orders and i can't for the life of me remember how many pounds of chicken are in a case. today, john put the keys to the store in my hand as soon as he saw me this morning, he didn't even unlock the front door, and didn't touch them the rest of the day. i'm kind of nervous. mostly because i'm about to go to another store, and i don't think they'd be so forgiving to the fact that it takes me 20 minutes to count the safe because not only do i miscount it, but i miscount it like 3 times. i'm also nervous because i don't know what i'm doing. my dad told me that his boss thinks i'm "wasting my time" with this job and even he said he'd be disappointed if i stayed working for cosi instead of grad school. it's ridiculous, but it really upset me to hear him say that. and it's all i can think about.

plus, cosi is so corporate. i really hate working for the Man. i hate it. i hate that 3 different people will come in -three "shirts"- and tell us all the things we're doing wrong and sit around the store taking up space in our office with their stupid emailing and talking on their cell phones analyzing our labor percentage and telling us we need to go from 19% to 15%. i want to work for kim and jim again. i want to be kim and jim, for shit's sake.

mostly i want someone who makes a lot of money to take care of me and make me dinner and let me work in a kim and jim type restaurant for fun. ...or maybe i still want to be an art teacher.

love, kate

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I like to think that one day you will be one of those "suits" and you'll be in the high ranks of Cosidom. You'll come in talking on your cell phone and yelling at the stupid little Cosi workers who still have to wear hats. And then you'll earn enough money doing that to open your own little Kim and Jim type restaurant. And then you'll throw away your suit and be happy Kate. The end.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger kate said...

kate, its me, kris. i know it says that i'm you but that's only because im posting from your computer because mine isn't working. anyway, i think your great. and youre going to miami and as soon as you dont want to work there anymore you can quit and find something else. look at me, im quittin all over the place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home