Friday, June 18, 2004

i miss you guys.

what a stressful few weeks. well, summer, actually. i'm done at my cosi. done and done. it makes me really sad. i miss angel. i miss elfego. i miss john! and my evil twin sister sondra. sigh. i miss them. lots. if anyone sees them, tell them so, okay? as of yesterday, i started working at the orland park cosi. suck. it's weird because the customers are snobby suburb people and they don't know what they're doing in the store. or in life. and the people working there are okay. the huge difference? sales, baby. sales. (it was funny, i was talking to ali-who is working there for two weeks with me-and i asked her about sales. while i was on my cell phone. in my lexus.) the closing barista leaves at 8. we close at 10. there is virtually no coffee business. for around 2 hours yesterday i was the only one with a cash register and i was still able to sit in the office for a good half hour before i was needed. there's lots of things that i don't like about working there. it's too much like my cosi was before john and ali came in and made it right. i just want to go back downtown!

the stress continues. not only was i freaking out hardcore about the new cosi (fyi: i'm only there for another 1.5 weeks and then i'm off... elsewhere. also an interesting tidbit: the drive there will, on days, take me two hours with traffic. another two on the way home. that's a drive to st louis people. fuck.), i'm also freaking out about moving. kris and i are moving and i hate moving. because you think you don't have lots of shit until you have to move all of it. fuck. but i feel al ittle better after spending more and more time over there and seeing kris paint her room crazy colors. it's awes.

and to top it off let's be realistic by saying i'm nervous about going to miami and seattle. less now since i've conquered my first day at orland park, but come on. it's me. i'll be a wreck the last 3 days befor ei leave.

i wish i wasn't a spazz about change. because let me tell you, i fucking hate it. fuck. ing. hate. it. i don't like the change to adult, i don't like the change of stores, and i don't like how when i go home for a weekend it fucks my shit up. like i come back to chicago and i have to take a week to remind myself why i love it here.

i'm also out of internet until kris and i are in our new place. so... thanks for your compy shandogg.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger Big Tom said...

hey kate, i know you are just in the same room as me right now and everything and you can probably already just read what im writing, but anyway, i just wanted to tell you that i really like your blog. and well, i thought that post was exceptional.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home